Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"God Can Only Judge Me"

*Disclaimer*: Do not read if you are easily offended by God's truth. You should just leave now if you are. No hard feelings, only love.

Our culture is in the age of not "judging people" and frankly I am annoyed by this whole movement if I am being quite honest. Why am I annoyed? Well, because people really do not understand what the word "judge" means. Let me start by clarifying some definitions for you.

To judge: To form an opinion or conclusion about. To infer, think, or hold as an opinion; conclude about or assess.

My question is, when did the meaning of to judge someone, change to someone being condemned? I am looking at the definition again trying to understand where we got condemning someone from to forming an opinion about another. 0____o Am I the only one confused about this or am I missing something?

Going by the culture's definition of judging, seems to me that everyone is breaking your rules of "not to judge people" EVERYDAY! Seems to me that when someone says, "Oh that person looks very nice today" does that count as judging someone? Or if they say, " My teacher is the best person ever"; that is a judgmental statement, just a positive one. Let's flip the script now. If I say, "OMG this food is sooo disgusting", I have just made a negative judmental statement, correct?

Ok, so where in there did I condemn? Wasn't I just forming an opinion, based on my circumstances? PHEWWW! Now that we are clear on the definition of "judge", let's proceed to the whole point of this post !

The whole movement of our culture saying, "Only God can judge me" displays a lack of reverence and respect for God. It is used in a way that basically is saying "you can't judge me, but God can, but secretly He really won't judge me". I have heard this statement usually when someone is doing something they know to be wrong and using it as an excuse for you to condone their bad behavior. Let's look at some song lyrics now, shall we?


Miley Cyrus

To my home girls here with the big butt

Shaking it like we at a strip club

Remember only God can judge ya

Forget the haters cause somebody loves ya

Tupac

Only God can judge me, is that right?

[synth voice] Only God can judge me now

Only God baby, nobody else, nobody else

All you other motherf* get out my business


This stuff is all in our culture! So no wonder people say and think nothing twice about it! It is engrained in us. I am here to tell you they are wrong, oh so WRONGGG!

What people fail to realize is that just because God does not judge you right now in this particular moment, does not mean the judgement is not coming eventually. People say this phrase almost jokingly because they truly believe that the judgment we receive from people will be harsher than God's judgement....whooppss so false ! #fail

Delayed judgement is not denied judgement. Our generation does not honor or reverence God, we do not fear Him and we think we can do what we want!

We also have a perverted perception of grace. We view God's grace as an excuse to do wrong "that God will forgive me because He loves me ..ladidididida" We need to start viewing grace not as an excuse to sin, but more like empowerment. We are given grace to not keep sinning, but to live a life of holiness and obedience to the authority of God! Also, there is no swift judgement in these days beacuse the Glory of the Lord is not strong in it's presence. When the glory of the Lord is strong, there is swift judgement because the light destroys and exposes all darkness (sin)..but since the light is pretty much just flickering these days, Gods glorious presence is limited/rare.

So all that to say this, as Christians , yes God says to not judge or therefore you will be judged. What
people love to do is take those "judging scriptures" out of context to make their sinful life seem more acceptable to others, so people automatically back off when someone says that "don't judge me" nonsense. God instructs us in the book of John, to judge each other in righteousness. So for example, if your friend is doing something that you know is contrary to the Word of God, as Christians, God instructs us to correct them in righteousness according to His Word.

So, Yes, God in a sense is the only who can judge you and He sure will on judgement day (minus the stipulation God gave us above), however, to think that your rightful judgement won't come since "God can only judge you" is simply ignorance.

Besos,

Kay Godd <3







No comments:

Post a Comment