Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yes, I'll Rock your Promise Ring!

When I was younger, my mother would always ask me if I wanted a promise ring. A promise ring is a ring you wear that is a reminder to yourself and a promise to God to not have sex outside of marriage. Everytime she asked me, I declined because I felt like they were WACK. Why did I need a ring that would bound me to not fornicate? I felt like I didn't need one...

I love reading Heather Lindsey's blogs . If you have not had a chance to check her out, I'd advise you to. Here it is! Heather's blog. She owns a boutique entitled the " Pinky Promise Boutique" and she sells apparel/jewelery that is designed for women to wear who want wear something that represents Jesus. I was browsing the ring category and stumbled across this floated ring (there is no connecting piece in the front, but it is connecting by the back) and I immediately fell in love with it, so I purchased it :P

I received it today and I am soooo pumped lol! I opened my package expecting just the ring, but it came in this cute, little pink bag. Inside this pink bag was a "My Pinky Promise" Card.



This car reads as follows: " My promise is to always honor Jesus Christ with my life and my body. Whether single or married, I am content with my portion and I trust God's perfect timing concerning my life. I refuse to get into unhealthy emotional or physical relationships; instead I focus on developing my relationship with Jesus Christ and I mediate on Romans 12:1 daily. "

Romans 12: 1 reads,  "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him."

I did not realize this was a promise ring, so I was kind of confused when I pulled this card out because I previously hated these types of ring meanings. However, I believe I am in a different place and space in my life at this point so I was eager to sign this promise card. In one of Heather Lindsey's blogs, she talks about foreplay (kissing touching, etc ya'll get it ) being a form of sexual immorality. It's important to set boundaries with the person you are courting so you will not fall into sin. 

Even though this ring is simply just a ring, it means so much to me. This ring signifies me being content with my portion that God has given me in this season of my life. Also, this ring signifies my promise to honor God with my body because it is the temple of God. You may be like, "omg I have not honored God with my body". Well the great thing about God is that He is always ready with open arms and ready for you to change your life around. Start today with honoring God with your body. If you have a signifanct other and you all are committing sexual sin, then choose today to stop and honor God with your bodies! 

I decided to be content in my singleness and praise God! When God does bring my Adam to me, my prayer is to not kiss him till my wedding. Am I crazy for this? Perhaps, but I have been convicted by God that what I have done in the past is not acceptable so why not try God's way this time around? I have done it my way for so long and my relationships keep FAILING. Why not please Him? I mean...He created us for His glory? Am I right or am I right? It's never to late to be forgiven by God. Present your body to God as a living sacrifice, one that is holy and acceptable. Care to join me?


Besos,

Kay Godd <3



No comments:

Post a Comment